Friday, October 17, 2014
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
How to get rid of very bad dandruff and a dry, itchy, unhealthy scalp for good
I found the ultimate cure that will eliminate your problems 100% in just one wash.
Benefits Of Silica For Hair Growth, Skin & Nails
Silica (also known as silicon) it a great supplement to take for overall health benefits. But in this blog our goal will mainly focus on the amazing benefits on just the Hair, Nails & Skin for beauty purposes.
What is Silica?
Thursday, October 9, 2014
7 Benefits and Information for Facials
I Love getting facials and I often still do but what I didn't know
over the years have cost me money and time. I want to share with you a few facts that will help you with your next decision before getting your next facial.
1. Steam is an integral part of any facial and it does actually work. It opens up the pores so that the products can penetrate the skin more easily. It also improves circulation and makes extraction easier which means less trauma on the skin.
2. Oxygen steam is a waste of money and time. There is no proof that having an "Oxygen facial" is any more productive than the standard (much cheaper) one. And, not only does it not add anything, but it can also do damage. Blasting your face with oxygen leaves your skin more vulnerable to free radicals which causes aging. And, if you live in a place like New York, the last thing you need is more free radical vulnerability.
3. Peels are worth every cent. Alphahydroxy Acids exfoliate the skin better than any scrub can on it's best day. And, when you exfoliate, you not only remove all of the dead skin that is covering that dewy glow we all have somewhere in there, it actually stimulates collagen. You remove all of the dead stuff, and your face thinks, oh, I have to replace that.
4. Collagen masks and products are a rip-off. Collagen can not penetrate your skin from an outside source. You have to make that on your own.
5. Extractions are hit or miss. If you are prone to blackheads and you are a "self-extractor," then professional extractions are a necessary evil. They will clear the pore of the bacteria without doing any damage to the skin. And, if you are going to pick anyway, better to let someone do it with a tool and gloves so that more bacteria isn't being transferred to your face by your own grubby mitts. However, if you have sensitive skin or are prone to broken capillaries, extractions are going to do even more damage.
6. Facial massage is great for relaxation but it is not going to stimulate much of anything other than zen. Still, I love the massage part and any sort of stress relief is a good thing.
7. Anti-wrinkle facials may as well be snake-oil facials. Nothing you put on your face, no matter how deeply it penetrates, is going to make wrinkles go away. You may have a more toned look for several hours after the facial. But, the wrinkles will be just as visible as before by the next day.
The most important thing about the facial is the aesthetician. They need to have an understanding of what kind of products your particular skin needs. If they use a standard routine, then there's a good chance your face will be stripped of everything you need to self regulate wrinkle formation, discoloration and acne. So, do your research before booking your next appointment. Also, keep in mind that just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's better.
-Don't use a product containing Retin-A for at least 72 hours after getting a facial. It can exacerbate redness.